Thursday Tunes – marissa, Screaming Females
Ahead of their gig tonight in the Grand Social with alien she Marissa from Screaming Females sent us 5 songs she listening to this week
1. Bruce Springsteen – Two Hearts // After years of having good friends tell me that The Boss is the best, I finally get it. I’ve been listening to Bruce Springsteen pretty much non-stop all summer, and I find myself getting addicted to different tracks at different times. This is the one I’m into right now.
2. Shellac – Prayer to God // Our friends in the band THOU covered this Shellac song on tour. Oddly enough, I’d never heard it, despite it being their most popular song. The lyrics are brutal.
3. Whitney Houston – I Have Nothing // I love sad pop songs.
4. No Men – Mean Girl // I’ve been really enjoying this entire album. They are a three-piece band from Chicago and our friends at Let’s Pretend Records just released their LP, “Dear God, Bring The Doom”
5. Turnstile – Moon // This entire album is awesome. I’d be hard pressed to pick a favorite track, but this is probably my choice at the moment.